Professional counselling at a competitive price • Over 20 years experience • Long and short term, face to face counselling • Daytime or evening appointments • PPI insured • Suitable for adults, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) and young people
I have worked within the counselling field for 20 years and have experience of working with those experiencing suicidal thoughts, those within the confines of the prison service, those who have been bereaved and youth within FE setting.
As a counsellor I offer an empathic non-judgement environment for you to come and talk about what anxieties you may be experiencing in your life.
I am a member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and adhere to their Ethical Framework of Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy. I have trained in a Person Centred approach and through other courses I have embarked on now work with a more integrative approach.
In accordance with ethical and legal requirements for professional practice I have regular clinical supervision for my clinical work and maintain my professional standards by participating in 30 hours Continued Professional Development annually.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PG Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy Practice
- BSc(Hons) Psychology/Sociology
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC - L4)
- Certificate in Counselling Studies (CST- L3)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (CSK - L2)
- CRUSE bereavement
- Private practice with young people in FE setting
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Samaritan work within centre at Yeovil and training/supervision within HMP Guy's Marsh Shaftesbury
- Transactional Analysis (TA101)
- Coaching 101
Please feel free to contact me by telephone or e-mail; I would be happy to talk to you about any questions you may have